Labels

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Bigger



I want my business to grow bigger.  I want my finances to grow bigger.  I want my influence to grow bigger.


Bigger opportunities.  Bigger audience.  Bigger numbers.  








Nothing wrong with that.  Bigger means better.  Bigger shows healthy growth, shows that you are successful. I believe in success, in healthy growth.  

Here’s the miss in our focus however…    we focus on making the business bigger, we focus on searching out the bigger opportunities. 






I am learning in my own journey that I rather focus first on making myself, well, bigger.  

The best thing I can do in order to grow my business, my finances, my influence is to improve myself.  Before I can handle more, I must build myself.  


Think about it…  what really can you do TODAY to bring in more clients, to promote your product? what can you do to gain more influence TODAY?  

While there are plenty of ideas and tasks you need to work on, one of the BEST investments of your time is to block out schedule to work on YOURSELF. 

Get healthy - eat healthier, get exercise, and SLEEP!  Being healthy IS your job.
Get coached - get feedback and coaching from people you respect.
Get filled up - emotionally, spiritually, socially - spend time feeding yourself through solitude, prayer, with good friends and your family.
Get wiser - read books, watch videos in your field to learn.
Get sharper - practice what you do working to improve.


The healthier you are, the more energy you have and the better you look.
The happier you are, the easier you are to be around.
The wiser you are, the better decisions you will make.
The sharper you are, the more effective you will be.


Make it your job to become bigger, better.  Schedule time to work on YOU.  


When you become bigger, you will soon be able to handle bigger.  When you expand your foundation, you can handle the growth that comes.



2 comments:

  1. Matt, thank you! What a great article. I am going to use this in student orientation in a few weeks at school, with full acknowledgement of course. Look forward to connecting again soon! God bless you and your wonderful family.
    Mark Greene

    ReplyDelete